2017 WVMA Summer Meeting
June 25-27, 2017
in Cody, WY at the Holiday Inn
More details and registration available in late April!
Total CE offered by WVMA: 16 hours
Additional CE from other agencies offered in the evenings:
Dr. Jim Logan (Wyoming State Veterinarian) – TRICH certification (3 hrs.)
Dr. Barbara Kizer (USDA APHIS) – Federal Accreditation Modules (3 hrs.)
- Module 2: Role of Agencies and Health Certificates
- Module 4: Preventing Disease Introduction and Spread
- Module 29: Veterinary Feed Directive
Speakers for both large and small animal practitioners, including:
- Dr. Marty Becker – Fear Free Clinic
- Dr. Lisa Parshley – Oncology
- Dr. Ayla Preston – Updates in CPR based on the Veterinary Recover Guidelines; The Ins and Outs of Acute Kidney Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury: what a headache; Acute Traumatic Coagulopathy
- Dr. Daniel Smeaks – How to make your skin incisions lovely; Practical right-sided incisional gastropexy technique; Suture, patterns – What’s the current standard?; Creating secure ligations; Paramedian Abdominal Approach: Technique
- Dr. Chris Ray & Dr. Britton Conklin – Use of ACS and PRP, Suspensory Injuries in Cutting Horses, Stifle Injuries, Clinical Use of Bisphosphonates in Horses, Therapeutic Shoeing, The Endocrine Laminitic;
- Dr. Dan Scruggs – Bovine Pathology
- Dr. Louis Gasbarre –Gastrointestinal Nematodes Infecting American Cattle
- Dr. Jim Logan – Regulatory Session including updates on diseases of regulatory concern such as Brucellosis, TB, Trichomoniasis, High Path Avian Influenza, and other current issues.
Special highlight on Tuesday afternoon: Liver Biopsy wet lab and “Diagnostic Evaluation and Interpretation of Bovine Liver Trace Minerals – Metabolism and Managing Trace Mineral Variation in Cattle” (lab is optional and an additional fee) with Dr. Dan Tracy, Dr. Scott Radke, and Dr. Dan Scruggs.
For speaker bios and topic descriptions, click HERE.
EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION – OPEN
2017 ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT FORM: HERE
For more information on being an exhibitor: 2017 WVMA Exhibitor Invitation
Mail-in registration form – 2017 WVMA Exhibitor Registration form