The WVMA will be holding the first
WVMA Virtual Winter Meeting
December 11-12, 2020
Attendees of the virtual convention can earn up to 16 hours of CE credit, including 4 hours of controlled substance CE to fulfill the new requirement.
The controlled substance CE will be recorded and available to watch or purchase on-demand after the meeting. This session will provide 4 hrs. of CE.
Requirements if you are due to turn in CE for:
2020 – 24 hrs. total, but no controlled substance CE required though allowed/accepted as part of your 24hrs.
2021 – 24 hrs. total including the 3 hrs. controlled substance which can be earned in 2020 or 2021. (both the live and on-demand WVMA sessions approved)
2022 – 24 hrs. total including the 3 hrs. controlled substance which can be earned in 2021 or 2022 (watch the on-demand CE from the WVMA from January 1 – 31, 2021)
Pre-registration for LIVE conference (access to live and recorded C.S. CE)
Full registration (16 hrs. of CE) – $195
Full registration for technicians – $95
Controlled substance only (4 hrs. of CE) – $60
Post-meeting registration for recorded controlled substance only webinar
Recording available December 18, 2020 – January 31, 2021
(4 hrs. of CE) – $60
Will be available for purchase online only after December 4th. Can register by mail or online before December 4th.
Tamara Grubb, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVAA
Washington State University
Get to the Point: Video Presentation of Local/Regional Anesthetic Block Techniques –Local anesthetics are powerful drugs with a unique (and inexpensive) role in pain management – they STOP pain. We will discuss why local anesthetic blockade is recommended for every painful procedure and will view step-by-step videos.
Anesthesia & Analgesia Practice Pearls, Updates and Tips – What is new? What has changed? What can make anesthesia safer? What is most effective for analgesia? We will answer these questions and more in a semiar geared to send every attendee home with something new or different to try in their practice.
Steven Roberts, DVM, DACVO
Animal Eye Center
Ocular Surface Diseases – How Can I Deal With All These Problems?
Corneal Ulcers – Making Sense of the Simple and Complicated!
Why is Inflammation Inside the Eye So Confusing and Challenging?
Janet E. Woods
Sponsored by Epicur Pharma
Controlled Substances 101: How & Why You Must Comply! –The purpose of this presentation is to increase the DVM, Practice Managers and Licensed Technician’s Federal, State and DEA regulatory compliance awareness, meet opioid continuing education requirements, reduce risk and discuss improved and simplified controlled substance record keeping and inventory controls for the veterinary clinic/hospital.
Wyoming State Veterinary Laboratory
Will Laegreid, DVM, PhD et al.
Case Studies – The mission of the Department of Veterinary Sciences and Wyoming State Veterinary Laboratory is to provide accessible, timely, accountable, and accurate diagnostic services, animal disease research, & education to veterinarians, students, others interested in animal health, and the people of Wyoming.
Live presentations using Zoom or watch the controlled substance CE through January 31, 2021
(Download here: https://zoom.us/download )
1. Register online
2. A copy of your registration will be immediately emailed to you
3. Four (4) separate zoom links will be emailed to you the week of the meeting.
4. On December 11-12, click on the meeting links to participate in the LIVE sessions
· Can I register for just the Controlled Substance CE? Yes, for $60, you can register for just that session. If you plan to watch the recording, you can register BEFORE or AFTER the meeting.
· Can I watch the Controlled Substance CE after December 12th? Yes, it will be recorded and available December 18 – January 31, 2021. The fee will remain the same – $60. You can register before or after the meeting for access through January 31, 2021.
· Will there be viewing sites as previously mentioned? No, after reviewing the member survey results and considering the current situation, the WVMA Board decided not to host viewing sites.
Zoom setup and FAQs – https://www.wyvma.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Zoom-FAQs_Final.docx
Zoom How-to-Videos – https://zoom.us/resources
Test Zoom – https://zoom.us/test